Sketches

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Final Matisse

Painting like Matisse, the final version. 80x110cm, acrylic. The painting does not even come close to a real Matisse painting, but I tried to figure out how Matisse treated subjects and composition. Front versus background. Colour and form. Quiet and turmoil. To be honest, before I did this,I never really liked Matisse, but now I learned to enjoy his works. Schilderen a la Matisse, een oefening in compositie en onderwerp. Het resultaat van vele weken zwoegen.

5 comments:

Rodney van den Beemd said...

Prachtig werk Rene!

LuTi said...

I think it is very successful attempt !! Actually it is very strong composition and I like your color pallet you used !

nico jamin said...

Grandioos!

RobCarey said...

I think this style works very well for you, Rene. It's great.

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks for your visit and notes. It means a lot to me.