Sketches

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Prepared paper and pastel

I was not able to buy coloured paper for the art class, no time to go to the art shop. So I took some leftover aquarel paper, let it dry in a wooden frame (to avoid wobbly paper) and pre-coloured it with acrylic in ochre, red  and burnt sienna.
During art class I made this life portrait with dry pastel and black oil pastel. I kind of like the effect of the underground. It took me an hour to make the portrait; 40x60cm.
Portret, droge pastel en siberisch krijt op geprepareed papier.

3 comments:

schilderijenfoto said...

Lekker, vooral die highlights met wit, ook aan de schaduwzijde.

Balaji Venugopal said...

Nice portrait...the highlights on the nose and the left side of the model's face are very effective.

Rene Fijten said...

Bedankt, Thanks. At first I thought I added too much white, but as afterthought, I think it was all right.