Sketches

Monday, 1 October 2012

St. Pauls, London

Last night I returned from a visit to London. I made a trip with the Dutch architect association BNA, and in 4 days we visited a lot of architectural highlights in the city. Old and new. Luckily I was able to make a few drawings as well.
This one is the view from the top floor of the Modern Tate (art museum), showing the St. Pauls silhouette across the river.
They have a long table stretching along the façade with this view; I had a nice brie and salad sandwich with a strong coffee when I made this drawing. That's the way to draw something like this.

3 comments:

Geert-Jan Bol said...

Wat maak je toch mooie keuzes. Wat een rijkdom aan gesuggereerde detail.

Rianne said...

Ik kan niet wachten tot ik het zelf ook kan zien! mooie tekening, pap!:)

Rene Fijten said...

Ha, Geert-Jan, er was teveel detail om daaraan te beginnen!
Wacht maar af, je zult het daar fantastisch vinden.