Sketches

Monday 1 October 2012

St. Pauls, London

Last night I returned from a visit to London. I made a trip with the Dutch architect association BNA, and in 4 days we visited a lot of architectural highlights in the city. Old and new. Luckily I was able to make a few drawings as well.
This one is the view from the top floor of the Modern Tate (art museum), showing the St. Pauls silhouette across the river.
They have a long table stretching along the façade with this view; I had a nice brie and salad sandwich with a strong coffee when I made this drawing. That's the way to draw something like this.

3 comments:

schilderijenfoto said...

Wat maak je toch mooie keuzes. Wat een rijkdom aan gesuggereerde detail.

Rianne said...

Ik kan niet wachten tot ik het zelf ook kan zien! mooie tekening, pap!:)

Rene Fijten said...

Ha, Geert-Jan, er was teveel detail om daaraan te beginnen!
Wacht maar af, je zult het daar fantastisch vinden.