Sketches

Saturday 23 November 2013

Vaesrade

Haven't done a decent Urban sketch lately, for almost a month now. It's very busy at work, dark when I leave for work, dark when I get home. And weekends filled with social activities. I am not complaining, but just stating the reason why I can't go out and sketch. Actually the weather hasn't been that bad for autumn. 
But wednesday afternoon I had some time after an appointment. This is the village of Vaesrade. In het youth my mother in law lived in the house behind the tree, opposite the church.
And Florence, another limbudedicated (french) urban sketcher, lives around the corner as well.

4 comments:

Michael Lukyniuk said...

Looks like a lovely spot. I like the way your sky came out - it feels like a Novemberish sky.

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks for noticing! That was what I had in mind, in reality the sky was pale blueish, but it didn't fit the November feeling.

Flo said...

It's nice to see Vaesrade this way ! Limburg miss me so much ! Thank you Rene !

Rene Fijten said...

I wanted to make that drawing for years. Glad to be of service, Florence.