Sketches

Sunday 24 February 2019

Mother


Too much other things to do than drawing. I am helping organizing the Urban Sketching symposium in Amsterdam, in july. I'm doing the workshop coordination, 36 in total.
That is a lot of work, checking if the proposed locations are okay or the instructors, and proposing better alternatives. Most instructors are unfamiliar with Amsterdam.

In our Art class we are preparing for an exhibition in May. And we have a new assignment: painting in gthe style of Christianne Knops. We did that before, some 3 or 4 years ago, always an interesting treatment of the subjects: the play of line and coloured fields.

These is the unfinished painting that I am working on. It's loosely based on a picture of my daughter with my grandson Willem.
But the posture was what iterested me.
I am trying to finish it next weekend.

2 comments:

Michael Lukyniuk said...

Nice deep colours. Interesting forms. I’ll be interested in how you proceed from here.
Good luck with the Amsterdam Symposium. I’m sure it’s a lot of work but it will be something that you will remember for a long time.

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Michael, I finished the painting today, see the next post.