Sketches

Saturday 28 August 2010

Taj Mahal


Here's Taj-Mahal in all its beauty, in the early morning sunlight. It brought tears to my eyes. I made the drawing during the talk of the guide, but who trusts what they tell after the scene in the movie "slum dog millionaire"? Anyway, I was lucky to be able to make this sketch, my drawing stuff and Moleskine book were confiscated at the entry gate, I was not allowed to draw! Fortunately Hugo, one of our group, took the stuff and talked himself through at another guard.
De Taj Mahal in al zijn pracht in het morgenlicht: met recht een van de wereldwonderen. Getekend gedurende het praatje van de gids.

7 comments:

SKIZO said...

Thank you for sharing
This fabulous work with us
Good creations

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Skizo for visiting.

RobCarey said...

Way to be persistent, Rene! I love stories like that. Reminds me of the time I was almost arrested for sketching a factory in France!

Rene Fijten said...

Arrested in France? I am following your blogs a long time, but I can't recall that story.

RobCarey said...

I don't think I ever mentioned it, as they were doing searches online for me and I thought it best unmentioned for a while!

Rene Fijten said...

Ha, don't mess with the gendarmerie!

Anonymous said...

nice piece of art ,fabulous work