Sketches

Sunday 18 December 2011

First snow

This is the winter weather I like: this morning we woke up with a thin fresh layer of snow and crispy fresh air under a pale blue early morning sky. So I took my running shoes for a nice 12km through the hills, woods and fields around where I live. All I could hear were the crows and the crispy sound of fresh snow under my feet.

I had forgotten about this sketch of our visit to the Aachen Weihnachtsmarkt two weeks ago. I only drew a few lines back then, it was drizzling all the time, so I finished it yesterday evening. Always beautiful, these German Christmas markets.

6 comments:

Balaji Venugopal said...

Lovely sketch!
I also like your blog's new look.

schilderijenfoto said...

Toch weer tijd gevonden :-)

Bart Althuizen said...

Ziet goed uit! Zou gelijk willen afreizen naar het zuiden...

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Balaji, bedankt Geert-Jan en Bart. Nou Bart, wat weerhoudt je?

RobCarey said...

This is great, Rene. Reminds me so much of our Christmas markets here! Good for you with the running!

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Rob. As with christmas markets I have had enough for a year, after yesterday, when I visited the Cologne one (again). Have a nice Christmas!