Sketches

Saturday 14 January 2012

Singapore Dragon

This morning I returned - after a 14 hour flight - from Singapore. Although on business, in the evenings me and my colleagues took the opportunity to catch the spirit of the town. Singapore was preparing for the Chinese new year (22 or 23 January). They put up this huge dragon on the roadcrossing at the entrance of Chinatown. All brightly lit in the evening (I may post that picture later). And all of Chinatown was filled with stalls selling golden and red paper lanterns and wishing cards. All these colours and lights. Bezoek aan Chinatown, deze draak stond bij de entree van Chinatown, voor de viering van het Chinese nieuwe jaar.

4 comments:

Beá Meira said...

Lovely drawing, strong and real!

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Bea, I just returned from your blog! ha, ha, what a coincidence!

LuTi said...

That's funny, because I was expecting something with dragons....Nice.

Rene Fijten said...

Maybe you know already, but the next Chinese year has the sign Dragon.