Sketches

Friday 3 August 2012

Limeuil main street

 
Limeuil ranks very high on the official top 50 of most beautiful French villages. Place nr. 1, as far as I am concerned. The village consists of one very steep road, which wraps around a hill on which in the past a castle was located. This scene is the main street, halfway up the hill. Behind the left wall the terrain falls down some 50 meters. It must have been quite an impenetrable village during the medieval French-English wars. I drew and painted this in the blazing sun, I had to patch up some parts because the sun dried the paint too quick, and my waterbrush did not contain enough water.

2 comments:

Balaji Venugopal said...

This is a beautiful sketch. Your painting skills are developing remarkably fast (and they were already pretty good when I started following your blog).

Rene Fijten said...

Thank you Balaji, probably too much honour, but it´s always a pleasure to hear that.