Sketches

Sunday 17 May 2015

Philly and Harlem

The last of my New York Sketches. I still have one unfinished, but sometimes you just loose interest and they stay unfinished. These sketches are a bit random: The above is about my new favourite streetfood: the Philly cheesesteak. I love it. Beats any burger I had so far (actually, there was a Shake Shack across the street from our hotel, seems to be something special considering the long queues blocking the pavement at lunchtime).
Below sketches I made during the performance of a Gospel choir in Harlem. Actually, it was the same choir that we visited 6 years ago: the ARC gospel choir. One of the singers was a fragile 90 year old man. He had to be supported during his performances, but what a feast it was.


2 comments:

RobCarey said...

Love the Philly cheese steak hoagie. I worked selling them when I was a youngster. (Not in NYC, but in CDA, Idaho). I still go back there whenever I can and have one, along with a dill pickle and potato chips. Perfect meal. Love the sketch too, btw!

Rene Fijten said...

I did not know the term hoagie, learn every day. I'll try it with dill pickle net time!