Sketches

Tuesday 31 May 2016

Starbucks Utrecht

I travelled by train to the Dutch USK meeting, I was an hour early, so I grabbed a cup of coffee at the local Starbucks. This guy was staring out of the window, sipping his cup of coffee.
Later that day I gave an advice to some sketchers, something I have read somewhere: "if you can't draw a foot, draw a little dog in front of it. If you can't draw a hand, draw some gloves. If you can't draw a face.... you've got a problem."
The point being, that if you're not good at perspective, find solutions to avoid it. There are enough alternatives.
The above drawing would have been a nice illustration of: if you can't draw hands.....

2 comments:

liz said...

O, dat is jammer, ik heb totaal gemist dat er een USK meeting was in Utrecht!

Rene Fijten said...

Ja, dat is jammer Liz, ik had je graag eens ontmoet.
Volgend jaar wellicht?