Sketches

Friday 20 May 2016

Unne Tèsj in Roame.

A little street scene in Rome which I hadn't posted so far.
The ladies wanted to buy a leather handbag (one of those things we men feel are a nuisance to carry around - that's why we have trouser pockets. But to women it serves as a vault with unbelievable contents). In our local Limburg dialect called "Unne Tèsj".
Anyway, in the time they choose the proper bag, negotiated and bought two of them, I managed to make this little sketch of the scene. Including painting it.
It was at a little street stall at Via Della Vergini, near the Spanish Stairs. And to be honest, they got a pretty good bargain at buying them.

2 comments:

Michael Lukyniuk said...

Great work. I'm amazed at how quickly you sketch. I think that in this timeframe that I would only have finished a rough pencil outline.

Rene Fijten said...

Ah, well, the ladies took their time :)