Sketches

Sunday 27 May 2018

Rekem België


Last saturday I went to Rekem, in Belgium, just across the border.
There was an exhibition in the old caslte, organized by Matty Engelen, another Urban Sketcher.
The exhibition was very interesting, with a lot of beautiful works.

I couldn't resist making some sketches, especially when Matty told me about the access into one of the towers of the castle. When I was working on the above view of Rekem, the photographer Frits Paffen mounted the stairs, and made these beautiful pictures of the work in progress.

I made another drawing, that I will show in a few days.

2 comments:

Michael Lukyniuk said...

The two sketches of Rekem are interesting. Your lines aren't too pronounced which makes them a little more realistic. I also found the photo of you sketching interesting because it shows what kind of watercolour set you use as well as your arrangements on your sketchbook. Everyone has a different system which works for them. Some have a lot of colours in their kit, others fewer; some use tiny sketchbooks, others large sheets of paper. Good posting.

Rene Fijten said...

I will give you some information about my methods in another post, you are right, it may be interesting to tell how I work, and by which methods.
Thanks Michael!