Sketches

Saturday 19 February 2011

Madison Avenue




Two years ago we visited New York, and I saw these steampipes on Madison avenue. I did not like the sketch, but the scene kept humming in my mind. When I saw the work of the painter Ronald Dupont in an exhibition in Gent, I knew I had to try this scene in that kind of style. Here it is. Acryl, 50x70cm.
Twee jaar geleden, tijdens ons bezoek aan New York, zagen we deze scene van enkele stoompijpen op Madison Avenue. Geschilderd in de stijl van de schilder Ronald Dupont. Acryl 50x70cm.

8 comments:

schilderijenfoto said...

Oh wow! Ja, nu snap ik de vaagheid van de auto, dat is de snelheid. Die afzetting en die pijpen trekken lekker de aandacht. Wat een sublimatie van al je teken- en schilderkunst.

nico jamin said...

Grandioos! Ik weet niet waarom je de naam van Dupont er bij heb gezet, maar Fijten zelf zou al voldoende zijn geweest!

Rene Fijten said...

Dank je Geert-jan eb Nico. Ik heb geen probleem met het vermelden van mijn inspiratiebronnen; google maar eens op Ronald Dupont en Duytter.

liz said...

Je ziet dat die taxi in beweging is zo, mooi

LuTi said...

I have been visiting your last post several times. I was not sure what I should write. I think you captured convincingly the ongoing energy of the city in this 0.35 square meter big painting. Although I prefer your sketches I must admit that this painting is wonderful continuation of your drawing.

Rene Fijten said...

Dank je Liz.
Ludek, I know this style of painting is not your thing, I am not even sure it's mine. I am trying out things. And I really liked painting this one, probably (as you well said) as continuation of my urban sketching.

Rodney van den Beemd said...

Zoals ik op Flickr ook al heb gezegd, geweldig!

Randall said...

Nice job on this acryllic painting. To make it really pop leave out the smoke stacks.

~Kirby