Sketches

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Burglars

Burglars broke into our house last Monday. We don't have a lot to steal, but still they managed to get away with my laptop and harddiskdrive (on which I had all my backups) and some other loose stuff like my beard trimmer (!) Worse is the damage and mess they left: they had been looking into all closets and cupboards, leaving clothes and emptied boxes all over the place. This is how my son's room looked like.
Two lessons: we will get an alarm and I will make proper backups.

Inbraak in ons huis afgelopen maandag.  Niet zo erg veel gestolen (hoewel, elk object is een teveel), maar ze hebben wel een hoop schade en een puinhoop achtergelaten.

13 comments:

LuTi said...

oh wat erg Rene! Sterkte, ik heb dat een keer meegemaakt en ik wens dat niemand!

LuTi said...

ongelofelijk dat je nog zin hebt om dat te tekenen! maar misschien is het beter om hoofd koel te houden.....je kan dat jammer genoeg toch niet meer terug draaien....:(

Jeroen vd P said...

Verschrikkelijk... een enorme grote hond wil ook wel eens helpen.

irinapictures said...

So sorry.
The feeling that all the stuff was touched and dirty now is so overwhelming.
Alarm saved my flat.

schilderijenfoto said...

verdorie man, wat verschrikkelijk. En toch gewoon kunnen doorbloggen, je bent me er eentje.

Beth said...

I'm so sorry to hear (and see) this! Have been following your sketch-blog for some time, and feel badly that you've had to go through this kind of trauma.

Anonymous said...

René,

ik volg je blog al een tijd. Een verschrikkelijke ervaring, sterkte! Laat je goed informeren mbt een inbraaksysteem! Bij 99% van de installaties weet je achteraf alleen het juiste tijdstip dat ze binnen zijn geweest.

John

Julio Rodrigues said...

I am so sorry you went thru this awful experience. The only thing to do is to learn from it. Install that alarm (I think I will follow too).
I continue to enjoy your great work, keep it coming.

Rene Fijten said...

Thank you al for your support, it really means a lot to us.
Bedankt voor alle ondersteunende woorden, dat haalt toch de scherpe kantjes er vanaf.

Beá Meira said...

René, sorry about the incident.
The drawing remembered me The Destroyed Room, Jeff Wall, 1978.

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Bea, and yes things could get worse, like the photograph of Jeff wall shows! Thanks for pointing me out.

201169 said...

Je suis vraiment désolé pour toi Rene!!!
i'm really sorry for you!
hope it will be better soon!

Rene Fijten said...

Merci Pascal.