Sketches

Wednesday 29 March 2017

Dutch Windmills

The National Haarlem sketchcrawl. Actually, this is the second time I ever painted/drew a Dutch windmill. I am not looking for traditional or nostalgic scenes, but this was a beauty. De Adriaan, along the canal "de Spaarne".
 
I stood there with Roger Klaasen, who drew almost the same scene but is a totally different style, see here at the side. He is far better with linework than me.
















And then, while waiting for the watercolour to dry, I sometimes do experiments. Like with this little sketch: made in indian ink, drawn with bamboo sticks, in maybe 5 minutes.


2 comments:

Michael Lukyniuk said...

Very nice sketches. I like the different styles that you posted. It seems that your sketchcrawl was a success.

Rene Fijten said...

Yes it was a success, 70 sketchers from all over the Netherlands. Meeting with friends you havn't seen for months. I loved it.