Sketches

Saturday 1 December 2012

Camden Lock retried

A sketch of Camden Lock, London.
I made this painting on location during my visit to London in September, in a Moleskine A4, but it went totally wrong.
Normally I don't even try to improve a waterolour gone wrong, but did it this time anyway.
Washed away dark spots, reinforced parts with extra colour, tried to enhance the composition, added some white gouache.
Even though it improved more than I expected, it's still not to the standard I wanted to reach. But why should I only show the good ones here?

4 comments:

Michael Lukyniuk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rene Fijten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
schilderijenfoto said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rene Fijten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.