Sketches

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Rob Carey in San Francisco

Today I returned from a trip trough the west of the United States. We saw great things and I was able to make some sketches of Frisco, Vegas, the Canyons and LA.

On the evening of our arrival in San Francisco I was able to meet Rob Carey, a fellow sketcher with whom I have corresponded through sketches for some years.
Unfortunately we had no time to sketch together, but it was great to meet him in person and exchange stories.

You can find his fantastic drawings here:
http://www.kunst-by-rob.blogspot.nl/

3 comments:

RobCarey said...

You know, I was just thinking- we should have had a photo together! Next time, Rene. Great sketches above, by the way. The news team should have filmed you sketching, I think. It would have made a good story for television.

Rene Fijten said...

You are right we should have made that picture. I should have carried my drawings as well. I am sure there will be an other opportunity.
We also rolled through Fresno, looked like a nice town. Did you already move?

RobCarey said...

We just moved our furniture and household goods yesterday. Now to do a bit of cleaning before we check out of our house here. Very tired...