Sketches

Sunday 1 February 2015

Brussels sketchcrawl


For a change I did not organise a sketchcrawl myself, but accepted Corinne's invitation to join the Belgian Sketchcrawl in Brussels. As it is winter we went to the indoor Autoworld. A feast of drawing cars.
Here you see the assembled group of sketchers, regular visitors may recognise Gerard Michel, Florian Afflerbach, Arno Hartgens, Fabien Denoel and Corinne herself. And so many others that I had the pleasure to meet and admire their interesting work. We had a fantastic day.

The top drawing is a Cord, an American car from the 30s. For that time a very sophisticated design with innovative features: among others front wheel drive, a supercharged engine and retractable headlights. And quite difficult to draw I tell you. More drawings of cars to follow.

2 comments:

irinapictures said...

I wanted to comment yesterday, but forgot.
When I see your sketches, like this one, I am so proud of my internet friends, of the progress I see in there blogs 6 years later after we all started.

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Irina, I like to think that blogging, Facebook and the other forums helped us all to improve: by all those supportive comments and comparing our work with others. Learning and exercise, that is the trick.