Sketches

Tuesday 30 June 2015

Mouzon, France

I just returned from a great weekend in France again. Not Strasbourg (there are still drawings from that trip to be scanned) but Tétaigne, near Sedan and the Belgian border.
I had a plein-air painting weekend again with a group of dedicated painters, under the charming guidance of Annemiek Jongen. I will show the results in due time, but here is an appetizer.
This painting was made as a study for a larger painting. I added two rather random blobs of watercolour, and after drying tried to fit in the view over the city. A bit like Tia Boon Sim or Parka Sung. Not 100% satisfied,I have to do this more.
Anyway: a picture of the group: Tina, Jolanda, Jose, Annemiek, Gertie, Pam, Nienke en ikzelf.
Not on the picture: the perfect hosts of the Logies in Tétaigne: Han en André Linssen.

No comments: