Sketches

Wednesday 2 March 2016

The Urban Sketching Handbook


I had forgotten about this one, that was a nice surprise in my mailbox!
Veronica Lawlor made this nice book about Reportage and documentary drawing, Tips and techniques for Drawing on Location.

And I am proud to say that one of my sketches features in it, a 2011 action sketch of cowrunning. I think it was the last time our group joined the local Carnaval-Koerennen games. Anyway, like every year I managed to make this little sketch.

The book is very nice, with a lot of different artists collaborating. Even though the illustrations are sometimes rather small, it's still a treasure of ideas.

If you are interested, click the link below for the Dutch online booksellers.
Link to buy the book on Bol.com

 

2 comments:

Michael Lukyniuk said...

This sounds like an interesting book and how great for you to have a colourful sketch published in it!

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks, It was a pleasure to see my drawing among all that talent.