Sketches

Saturday 3 April 2021

De Ridder (7): the Hydra

 

Page 7 of "The Knight" (or in Dutch: "De Ridder"). A Children's book that I am writing and illustrating for my grandchildren.

“Aha” the knight said, “I will see what I can do.” He climbed the steep road towards the ruin. De smell of Sulphur and old fire was unbearable. And so was the harsh shouting. Obviously a fierce quarrel.

Inside the cave he was surprised to see a loudly quarreling seven headed dragon, and another strange tentacled creature. The Knight had to shout to get over the terrible noise. He said “I am the Knight who does not know who he is. What’s going on here?”

The seven heads fell silent for a brief moment. Then the first spoke: “We are the Hydra. Last week’s storm made this beautiful creature fall through our ceiling!” The second head shouted: “And now you think that she is in love with YOU?” And the third: “How can she love you, with your ugly yellow teeth!” “Hear, who is calling names!” ”You’re just jealous!” “Who? On you? Ha!”.

In seconds the noise was deafening.

1 comment:

azharhashmi said...

Awesome article. I enjoyed reading your articles. this can be really a good scan for me....Sketch