Sketches

Thursday 14 June 2012

Landscape in the sun


At last, after months of painstaking work, I finished my first real stained glass window.
I did it all by myself: the image, the design, choosing colours and textures, cutting the glass, mounting the lead frames, soldering, finishing, and adding glasspaint.
Size about 60x60cm.

Here it is, in all it's glory. It's even better when the sun hits the pane, but its practically impossible to make a decent photograph of it; the world behind the pane always shines through.

5 comments:

schilderijenfoto said...

Wat gaaf. Wat is'ie mooi, en wat is'ie strak.

irinapictures said...

I would be happy to see the sun through this window. I like the main participants: sun, houses, fields. I like the simple but basic colors, I like the accurate metal work. Well done!

Rene Fijten said...

I am blushing about all these kind remarks, thank you. I am pleased with the result myself as well.

Rodney van den Beemd said...

Prachtig werk Rene!

Rene Fijten said...

Dank je Rodney. Hoe was Frankrijk?