Sketches

Thursday 27 March 2014

Onze Lieve Vrouwewal

Another fine spring day.
I was working in Maastricht today, and went for another nice lunchwalk.
I just couldn't resist to draw this scene.

It's a view between some houses built on the old fortifications along the river, with a view towards the Onze lieve vrouwe basiliek (our-sweet-lady basilica, dedicated to Our Holy Maria).
The basilica in its present form dates back to the 11th century, a previous version from the 5th century was probably the oldest church in the Netherlands.

2 comments:

Michael Lukyniuk said...

Nice clean lines and shapes. Like your previous posting, your images project an interesting panorama of places around your home. Its great that you can use your lunch hour to capture these scenes.

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks Michael. I am pretty busy these days, I wish I could go out more to draw properly. Lunchbreaks is all that's left.